What I like about this Course?
Perhaps, everything :)
1) Course covers Basic and Intermediate Concepts in MongoDB and sometimes Advanced concepts are also covered
2) Assignments are Moderately difficult but all the concepts are taught in the class.
3) Show Me Do style, unlike many other MOOC's (especially from Courseera) everything is demonstrated well (right from basic setup) and touch pad based technology is really used well
4) Final class covers suggestions, hints, tips about real world architecture ( is really awesome.)
Was the course different than what you expected?
Yes, recently I am enrolling to lot many MOOC's and dropping after a week or so. I expected pretty much the same with this one. But Lectures are really engaging, Quiz questions and assignments are easy sometimes motivating (even dull mind like me)
How could the course be improved?
I don't find slides to accompany the class videos. Often i have to see the whole video (or at least scan it) to find some points relevant to the the assignments.It would be really nice if it had any cheat sheet along with ppt slides
How does this course compare to others?
So far I enrolled into Big Data and Web intelligence
Computing for Data Analysis, Statistics 101
1) I dropped Statistics 101 (I was expecting different teaching style with real world scenarios)
2) Attending Computing for Data Analysis (I am doing good, though i don't like the presentation style and some other factors)
3) Enrolled but watched only videos of Big Data and Web intelligence (presentation need to be improved a lot)
So far MongoDB is the best class I ever took :). If u want to enter Big Data. Enroll!! (my strongest recommendation)
Do you suggest any courses as prerequisites?
I guess nothing for this course except some basic command based utilities like DOS or Shell